Purpose: The Study aims to diagnose the reality of an institution belonging to the field of religious media, the Algerian Holy Quran Channel, which have never been subjected to a study, although a relatively significant period has passed since its founding. The study identifies the level and quality of its programs, the nature of its speech, the size and type of its audience and followers, its position on the Algerian media map and its role in achieving intellectual security from the point of view of its followers.
Methodology: This is an exploratory study that depends on the survey method of a sample of the audience following the channel. A questionnaire was used as a primary tool in data collection.
Findings: They indicate the importance of this channel to the Algerian viewer due to the easy way by which it communicates ideas, and the moderation of its approach in maintaining the religious reference of Algeria. The majority of the sample describe its role as acceptable, and some see it as positive on the whole as the channel has succeeded in meeting their religious needs. They further indicate that they prefer it over other religious channels.
Originality: It is one of the first studies carried out on this only religious channel in Algeria, and therefore could be the basis for subsequent studies based on it in terms of the development of media practice in the field of religious media.
Television ChannelsReligious Mediathe Algerian Quran ChannelRole of ReligionAlgerian Society
• Al-Jumhuriyyah al-Jazairiyyah al-Democratiyyah al-Shabiyyah, Wizarat al-Maliyyah al-Diwan al- Watani lil Ihsaiyyat, al-Mash al-Watani hawla istikhdam al-Waqt, (In Arabic), (Algiers: 2012). Link: http://bit.ly/2hxS9wp
• Al-Saed, Hamza Nathir, Al-Sahafi bi-Qanat al-Quran al-Karim mukallaf bisafhat al-Facebook al-Khassah bil-Qanat, (in Arabic).
• Al-Sanusi, Thurayya, Malamih al-Fada al-Ittisali al-Dini al-Arabi: Dirasah Monographiyyah wa Tahliliyyah, (In Arabic), (Majallat al-Ithaat al-Araboyyah, 3rd editorial, 2012).
• Al-Yahyawi, Yahya, al-Khitab al-Dini fi al-Fadaiyyat al-Arabiyyah: Muqarabah min Manzur al-Musatah, (In Arabic), (Rabat: Muassasat Muminun bila Hudud li al-Dirasat wa al-Abhath, 2016), 1st ed..
• Aysani, Rahimah, Ittijahat al-Shabab al-Jazairi Nahwa al-Fadaiyyat al-Diniyyah al-Islamiyyah wa Dawruha fi Tawiyatihi Dudd al-Tatarruf wa al-Taassub: Dirasah Maydaniyyah, (In Arabic), Link: http://bit.ly/2ieUxsf.
• Azimi, Ahmad, al-Ilam al-Dini: Nahwa Takhassus Jamey Jadid, (In Arabic), (Majallat al-Ithaat al-Arabiyyah, issue 3, 2012).
• Azzuz, Hind, al-Sahafah al-Jazairiyyah wa Tanmiyat al-Waey al-Dini lada al-Qurra – Dirasah Tahliliyyah Maydaniyyah, (In Arabic), Unpublished Doctorate Dissertation, (Algiers: Kulliyat al-Ulum wa al-Ilam, Jamiat al-Jazair, 2012/2013).
• BalOmary, Ramadan, al-Jazair Tatluq Qanat “al-Quran al-Karim” li-Muharabat al-Fatawa al-Shathah lil-Fadaiyyat, (In Arabic), retrieved on 15/10/2017). Link: http://bit.ly/2ixPsIK
• Birnamaj Kawalis, Qanat al-Jazirah, Thahirat al-Qanawat al-Diniyyah, (In Arabic), Link: http://bit.ly/2jFAvHV
• BuAjilah, Fathi, al-Baramij al-Diniyyah fi al-Televisyunat wal Ithaat al-Arabiyyah: Muqarabah fi al-Madamin, (In Arabic), (Majallat al-Ithaat al-Arabiyyah, issue 3, 2012).
• Buhinyah, Qawey, Fath Qita al-Samey al-Basarey bil-Jazair: al-Dawabit al-Qanuniyyah wa al-Mumarasat al-Meydaniyyah, (In Arabic), (Majallat al-Ithaah al-Arabiyyah, issue 4, 2015) Link: http://bit.ly/2io46Ca
• Buslan, M, al-Jazair Taqirru li-Awwali Marrah Fath Qita al-Sami wa al-Basari: Maksab Tarikhi lil Mumarasah al-Democratiyyah, (In Arabic), (Al-Masa Newspaper, on 13/09/2011) Link: http://bit.ly/2jihuLf
• Eisenlohr Patrick, Media and Religious Diversity, The Annual Review of Anthropology, 2012 Vol. 41,p: 37-50. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev-anthro-092611-145823.
• Ibrahim, Yusri Khalid, al-Fadaiyyat al-Islamiyyah bayna al-Khibrah al-Ilamiyyah wa al-Tasil al-Ilmi, (In Arabic), (Majallat al-Jamiah al-Iraqiyyah, 2012, 1/28).
• Jamiat al-Duwal al-Arabiyyah, Ittihad Ithaat al-Duwal al-Arabiyyah, al-Lajnah al-Ulya li al-Tansiq bayna al-Qanawat al-Fadaiyyah al-Arabiyyah, al-Bath al-Fadai al-Arabi: al-Taqrir al-Sanawi: 2015, (In Arabic), Link: http://bit.ly/2a6sntN.
• Jamiat al-Duwal al-Arabiyyah, Ittihad Ithaat al-Duwal al-Arabiyyah, al-Lajnah al-Ulya li al-Tansiq bayna al-Qanawat al-Fadaiyyah al-Arabiyyah, al-Bath al-Fadai al-Arabi: al-Taqrir al-Sanawi: 2012-2013, (In Arabic), Link: http://bit.ly/2zAnSVb.
• Mawqi Ithaat al-Quran. Link: http://bit.ly/2zDllHa.
• Sad-Allah, Abu al-Qasim, al-Harakah al-Wataniyyah al-Jazairiyyah 1860-1990, (In Arabic), (Beirut:Dar Al-Gharb Al-Islami, 1992).
• Saud, al-Tahir, al-Harakat al-Islamiyyah fi al-Jazair: al-Juthur al-Tarikhiyyah wa al-Fikriyyah, (In Arabic), (Dubai: Markaz al-Masbar li al-Dirasat wa al-Buhuth, 2012), 1st ed..
• Sayf al-Islam, al-Zubayr, Tarikh al-Sahafah fi al-Jazair, (In Arabic), (Algeria: al-Sharikah al-Wataniyyah li al-Nashr wa al-Tawzi, 1986), 2nd ed..
• Stolow Jeremy, Boutros Alexandra, Visible/Invisible: Religion, Media ,and the Public Sphere, Canadian Journal of Communication, 2015, VOL 40, NO 1, p: 3-10.
Copied to clipboard