Sheikh Qassim bin Mohammed Al-Thani, the founder of the State of Qatar, was a ruler who possessed several virtuous qualities. One of these qualities was his charitable and endowment efforts in the Arabian Peninsula. These charities and endowments are persistent to this day and continue to proceed according to the conditions arranged by the sheikh before his death. This study reached a number of conclusions. First, Sheikh Qassim showed great courtesy towards the scholars and had a considerable interest in publishing and distributing books that were of benefit to students and teachers in Najd, Qatar, and the Islamic world and to foreign students in particular. Second, Sheikh Qassim appointed scholars as safeguarders of his trusts in the countries where he send his endowments. Finally, it revealed Sheikh Qassim’s sense of duty and compassion towards his family, his relatives, the Arabs, and the entire Muslim world alike.
Charitable Waqf endowments knowledge students scholars
• Abdul-Rahman bin Abdul-Latif bin Abdullah bin Abdul-Latif bin Abdul Rahman bin Hassan bin Muhammad bin Abdul-Wahab, Mashahir Ulama Najd wa Ghairuhum (in Arabic), (Riyadh: Dar al- Yamamah, 1972).
• Abdullah bin Abdul-Rahman al-Bassam, Ulama Najd Khilal Thamaniyat Qurun, (in Arabic), (Riyadh: Dar al-Amsa, 1419), 2nd Ed..
• Al-Mawsuah al-Arabiya al-Alamiyyah, a group of authors, (In Arabic), printed by the Encyclopedia of Publishing and Distribution, 1996.
• Al-Riyadh Newspaper, Saudi Arabia, (in Arabic). No. 16140 (Saturday 14 Shawwal 1433 H/ - September 1, 2012 AD).
• Al-Sharq Al-Qatariya Newspaper, Sheikh Jassem Bin Mohammed Al-Jaber Article, Hamdan Bin Hamdan, (in Arabic), on (08/06/2016).
• Al-Thani’s family tree site: http://www.althanitree.com
• Amin al-Rihani, Tarikh Najd Al-Hadith wa Mulhaqatihi, (in Arabic) (Beirut: Dar al-Jil, 1988).
• Bashar ibn Yusuf al-Ahdi, Ayan Al-Bahrain fi Al-Qarn Al-Rabi Ashar, (in Arabic), in 2005.
• Dalil Mouasast Sheikh Qassem Bin Mohammed Bin Thani lil Riyah al-Ijtimaiyah, (in Arabic).
• Darren Island Documents Online: http://jalalharoon.blogspot.qa/2013/05/blog-post_3475.html
• Dr. Khalid Al-Wazzan and Abdullah bin Bassam Al-Basimi, Religious Values at Sheikh Qasim Al- Thani through his relationship with Najd and Al-Alamani, published in the historical symposium accompanying the National Day of Qatar 2008.
• Dr. Rabia Bin Sabah Al-Kuwari, Al-Sharq Newspaper, Qatar, (in Arabic), published on (14/7/2015)
• Dr. Yousef Ibrahim Al-Abdullah, Qatar Marhalat al-Tasis, published in the historical symposium accompanying the National Day of the State of Qatar (in Arabic) (2008).
• Hamad al-Jasser, Jamahrat Ansab al-Usar al-Mutahdhirah fi Najd, (in Arabic), Saudi Arabia: Dar al- Yamama Publications, 2003).
• Harry St John Felby, Al-Arabia al-Saudia min Sanawat al-Qaht ila Bawadir al-Rakha, (in Arabic), translated by Atif Falih, (Riyadh: Obaikan, 2002),1st Ed..
• Ifadah Shafawiah by Sheikh Faisal Al-Baz, the head of the Endowments of Sheikh Qassem bin Mohammed in Riyadh on 25 Rajab 1438 AH / 21/4/2017 AD, (in Arabic).
• Jassim Bin Mohammed Al-Jaber, Sheikh Bin Dirham, Al-Arab Al-Qatriya Newspaper, (in Arabic).
• Khair al-Din al-Zarkali, Al-Alam, (in Arabic), (Beirut, Dar al-Ilm Lil Malayin, 1989).
• Khalid bin Mohammed bin Ghanim bin Ali Al-Thani, Dawr al-Din fi Hayat Al-Sheikh Qassem bin Mohammed, (in Arabic), a part of the research seminar to modernize and preserve the traditions, accompanying the celebrations of the National Day of Qatar, 2009.
• Khalid bin Mohammed bin Ghanim bin Ali al-Thani, Mudawwanat al-Usrah al-Hakimah fi Qatar (in Arabic), a study and editorial.
• Lorimer, Dalil al-Khalij: al-Qism al-Tarikhi, (in Arabic). Printed at the expense of Sheikh Khalifa bin Hamad, Emir of the State of Qatar.
• Mahmoud Shukri Al-Alusi, BadaiAl-Insha, (in Arabic), ed. Khalid bin Mohammed bin Ghanim bin Ali Al-Thani.
• Mahmoud Shukri Al-Alusi, Tarikh Najd, (in Arabic), ed. Muhammad Bahjat al-Athari, 1415 AH, I 3.
• Mawqif Sheikh Qassem bin Mohammed Al-Thani min al-Tanafus al-Othmani – al-Britani fi al-Mantiqah, (in Arabic), ed. by Dr. Abdul-Qadir bin Mahmoud Al-Qahtani, published in the historical symposium accompanying the National Day of Qatar 2008.
• Mohammed bin Hassan Al-Marzouqi al-Qatari, al-Lulu al-Naqi fi turath al-Allamah Muhammad Hasan al-Marzooki, ed. by Sheikh Hassan bin Mohammed Al-Jaber, (Medina: Maktabat al-Uloom wa al-Hikam, 1432 H), 1st Ed..
• Mohammed bin Nasser Al-Ajmi, Al-Rasail al-Mutabadalah bayna Jamal al-Din al-Qasimi wa Mahmoud Shukri al-Alusi, Collected and Edited (in Arabic), (Beirut, Dar al-Bashaer Islamic edition, 2001) 1st Ed..
• Mohammed Sharif Al-Shaybani, Imarat Qatar bayna Al-Madhi wa Al-Hadhir, (in Arabic), (Beirut, Dar al-Thaqafa, 1382 AH / 1962).
• Muhammad Al-Ali, Al-Najm al-Lami lil Nawadir, (In Arabic), a Manuscript, Sheikh Qassem’s speech to King Abdul Aziz Al-Saud.
• Nasser bin Jawhar bin Mubarak Al-Khairi, Qalid Al-Nahrayn (in Arabic), ed. Abdul Rahman bin Abdullah Al-Shuqayr, (1424 AH – 2003 A.D.).
• Nedim Haracic-AL-BAYAN-JORNAL OF QURAN AND HADITH STUDIES 14 (2016).
• Omar Al-Mukhtar, Al-Thamar al-Dani fi Sirat al-Sheikh Qassem Bin Mohammed Al-Thani, (in Arabic), unpublished research.
• Othman bin Abdullah, Unwan al-Majd fi Tarikh Najd li Ibn Bishr, (in Arabic), ed. Abdul-Rahman bin Abdul-Latif bin Abdullah Al-Sheikh, Darat King Abdullah Department (1402-1403 H- 1982-1983 A.D.).
• Qatar al-Hadithah, Qira fi wathahiq sanawat imarat Al-Thani (1840-1916), (in Arabic) (Beirut: Dar Al-Saqi, 2013) 1 st Ed..
• Rashid bin Mohammed Al-Assaker, Al-Amal Al-Khairyiah wa Al-Awqaf Al-Shariyyah fi Najd by Sheikh Qassem bin Mohammed Al-Thani, (in Arabic), (Riyadh, Dar Durar Al-Taj: 1432H, 2011, I 1).
• Sheikh Ibrahim bin Ubaid Al-Muhsin, Tathkirat Uli Al-Nuha wa Al-Irfan bi Ayam illahi al-Wahid al- Dayyan wa Dhikr Hawadith al-Zaman, (in Arabic), (Riyadh: Maktabat Al-Rashed, 1428 H).
• Sulayman bin Saleh al-Dakhil, Tuhfat Al-Aliba fi Tarikh Al-Ihsa, (in Arabic), (Beirut: Al-Dar Al- Arabiah lil Maousiuat, (in Arabic), 1422 H / 2002).
• Wasiyyat al-Sheikh Qassem (in Arabic), written by Sheikh Qassim bin Mohammed Al-Thani, printed at the expense of Sheikh Jassem Bin Jabr Al-Thani, without a date of printing, and without the place of printing.
• William Geoffor Belgrave, Wasat al-Jazirah al-Arabbiyyah wa Sharqiha, (in Arabic), translated by Sabri Muhammad Hassan (Egypt: Al-Majlis al-Ala lil -Thaqafa, 2001), 1st. Ed..